Honeycomb with Charity Majors
Episode 9 · April 6th, 2017 · 45 mins 3 secs
About this Episode
Charity Majors, founder & CEO of Honeycomb joins us to discuss exploratory learning through rich data, as well as news about Blue Origin, FaunaDB, Resin.io
Opening Music: Another beek beep beer please by Rolemusic
- Honeycomb :: Powerful, Exploratory Learning with Richer Data — Honeycomb is a power tool for engineers. Inspect or debug applications, services and storage layers in real time.
- Jeff Bezos Says He Is Selling $1 Billion a Year in Amazon Stock to Finance Race to Space - The New York Times — Standing against the backdrop of his New Shepard rocket booster and a full-scale mock capsule for carrying humans into space, Jeff Bezos revealed on Wednesday that he was selling about $1 billion in Amazon stock a year to finance his Blue Origin rocket company.
- FaunaDB Technical Whitepaper — In this paper we introduce a platform approach that moves beyond both SQL and NoSQL. Our approach works to increase the degree of abstraction between operational and functional concerns. We refer to this approach as the adaptive operational database.
- Serverlessconf: The future will be serverless. London, Tokyo, New York.
- Resin.io — Resin.io brings the benefits of Linux containers to the IoT. Develop iteratively, deploy safely, and manage at scale.
- Data diving with Scuba — Scuba is a system we developed for doing real-time, ad-hoc analysis of arbitrary datasets. It marks a significant evolution in the way we collect and analyze data from the variety of systems that keep the site running each day.
- Open Whisper Systems | Signal App — Privacy that fits into your pocket.
- Dancing in the Streets: A History of Collective Joy: Barbara Ehrenreich: 9780805057249: Amazon.com: Books — Drawing on a wealth of history and anthropology, Barbara Ehrenreich uncovers the origins of communal celebration in human biology and culture.
- Settlers of Catan, 5th Edition